Description: The IED Construction and Classification course provides an overview of the various components required for IED production. The course is designed to provide foundational knowledge about the construction and classification of IEDs, including their function, components, classifications, and how they are constructed.
Course Length: This is a 60-minute training covering the following topics:
- Understanding IEDs
- Recognized IEDs through the SIMPC-E acronym
- IED categories and delivery methods
Audience: This course is designed for groups up to 50 participants and is intended for audiences such as:
- Critical infrastructure owners and operators
- Public safety officers - Emergency managers
- Security officers - Law enforcement officers
- Private sector security professionals
Accreditation: 0.1 Continuing Education Unit (CEUs) towards International Accreditors of Continuing Education Units (IACET) and 1 CEU towards Police Officer Standards and Training (POST) if the student's state approves.
Recommended Prerequisites: None. Download a printer-friendly fact sheet for the IED Construction and Classification (AWR-333).