Description: The Introduction to the Terrorist Attack Cycle course introduces common steps involved in planning and executing terrorist attacks. This course provides participants with the understanding of how to prevent, protect against, respond to, and mitigate attacks that use Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs).
Course Length:This is a 90-minute training covering the following topics:
- What is a terrorist and identifying terrorism
- Understanding the terrorist attack cycle
- Countering terrorist attacks before they happen
Audience: This course is designed for groups up to 50 participants and is intended for audiences such as:
- Critical infrastructure owners and operators
- Public safety officers
- Emergency managers
- Security officers
- Law enforcement officers
- Private sector security professionals
Accreditation: 0.1 CEU towards IACET and 1 CEU towards POST if the student's state approves.
Recommended Prerequisites: None.
Download a printer-friendly fact sheet for the Introduction to the Terrorist Attack Cycle (AWR-334).
Prevent IED attacks
Protect against IED attacks
Respond to IED attacks