Description: The IED Awareness and Safety Procedures course is designed to provide foundational knowledge about IEDs and proper safety precautions and procedures for reacting and responding to unattended and suspicious items.
Course Length: This is a 60-minute self-paced training covering the following topics:
- IED intimidation
- IED threat awareness
- Public response to IED threats
- USSS agency procedures to IED threats
- DHS agency procedures to IED threats
Audience: This course is intended for audiences such as:
- Critical infrastructure owners and operators
- Public safety officers - Emergency managers
- Security officers
- Law enforcement officers
- Private sector security professionals
Accreditation: 0.1 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) towards International Accreditors of Continuing Education Units (IACET) and 1 CEU towards Police Officer Standards and Training (POST) if the student's state approves.
Recommended Prerequisites: None.
Website: Center for Domestic Preparedness Course Catalog
Download a printer-friendly fact sheet for the IED Awareness and Safety Procedures (AWR-341).