Description: The Bomb Threat Preparedness and Response course is an online independent study training. It uses interactive exercises and case histories of what actually happened during bombing incidents to familiarize participants with the steps necessary to prepare for and respond to a bomb threat.
Course Length: This is a 60-minute self-paced training covering the following topics:
- Planning for a threat
- Receiving a threat
- After receiving a threat
- School facility considerations
- Office facility considerations
- Medical facility considerations
- Sports facility and mass gatherings
Audience: This course is intended for audiences such as:
- Critical infrastructure owners and operators
- Public safety officers
- Emergency managers
- Security officers
- Law enforcement officials
- Private sector security professionals
Accreditation: 0.1 CEU towards IACET and 1 CEU towards POST if the student's state approves.
Recommended Prerequisites: None.
Website: Center for Domestic Preparedness Course Catalog
Download a printer-friendly fact sheet for the Bomb Threat Preparedness and Response (AWR-903). Register Here
Respond to a bomb threat